TK330
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TK330

TK330

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

13 Flash Drive Uses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

13 Flash Drive Uses Empty
PostSubject: 13 Flash Drive Uses   13 Flash Drive Uses EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:46 pm

So almost anyone knows by now what a pen or flash drive is and owns at least one. But do you also know about the various things you can do with it? Personally I had no idea of the amazingly different types, shapes and uses out there. I figured I had to compile a random list and share it with you.
1. Transporting personal data like documents, photos and videos and transferring them between computers. This is probably the most common use for pen drives, whether their capacity is 16MB or 16GB.
2. Running software and applications, mostly combined with the data stored on them. This is great with standalone programs such as VLC media player as they're pretty independent of any operating system. (VLC is the best video program there is in my opinion)
3. Storing and accessing game data, especially saved games. This is very popular with PlayStation and their flash memory cards.
4. Booting up your system. Who needs ridiculous floppy disks or recovery CDs when you can have a nifty, bootable memory stick? Most of them come for Linux themes but you can make one yourself for pretty much any OS. All you have to do is install a proper boot sector and modify your BIOS.
5. You can have a walking music library. This is especially neat when you can connect it to a car or home stereo that has a USB port.
6. Your actual music listening device. iPods or mp3 players are really nothing more than pen drives equipped with headphones and audio running software.
7.Storing and providing medical records which can save your life in emergencies. Medical flash drives are specialized for this with detailed records of conditions, allergies and prescriptions. So if disaster strikes, quick and efficient patient care should be guaranteed.
8. Increasing hard disk cache. Adding virtual memory from your USB storage may make your system and programs run a lot smoother. As a matter of fact there are memory sticks specifically equipped for ReadyBoost in Windows Vista.
9. How about espionage? Industrial, intelligence, private investigations, you name it. I don't recommend such use but with secure flash drives it should be pretty effective. After all, some of them pride themselves with bullet proof casings, government standard data encryption and biometric fingerprinting.
10. Running or transferring anti-virus and repair programs. You may be able to rescue your machine from that pestering infection of your system and files. Of course you could also get a virus through a memory stick but let's not think about that.
11. Backing up valuable data when tweaking around with your computer or trying to repair it. Finally it feels good to format that entire hard drive.
12. Marketing and promotion. Whether you're a big company or freelance business individual you can brand pen drives with your name, include promotional content and give them to your (potential) customers. Artists or music labels have distributed select songs on customized types, especially during concerts, and fast food chains have got their consumers hooked with USB hamburgers or coke shaped flash drives.
13. Simply having fun! Aside from fast foods there are plenty more crazy memory sticks out there that make great company and cheerful gag gifts (while still being useful). My favorites are probably fortune cookies, guitars and USB humping dogs.
Back to top Go down
https://tk330.forumotion.com

13 Flash Drive Uses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TK330 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: